Heavy Menstrual Bleeding Specialist in Dallas, TX
NovaSure for Painful Periods
Contact Tricia Shimer OBGYN to learn more about treatment if you suffer from heavy periods and painful cramps. Endometrial ablation is an in-office procedure that can be performed at our OBGYN office in Dallas, Texas. To learn more about treatment for heavy bleeding, go to:
- NovaSure Endometrial Ablation
- Is NovaSure Right for Me?
- NovaSure Frequently Asked Questions
- Patient Testimonials
Call our office at (469) 364-3760 to make an appointment.
Heavy Menstrual Bleeding
What is Heavy Menstrual Bleeding?
1 in 5 women suffer from heavy menstrual bleeding. Many women begin to experience heavy and/or irregular bleeding in their 30s and 40s, as they begin to get closer to menopause. Heavy periods are more than just a hassle - they take a physical, social, and emotional toll as well.
Studies show heavy menstrual bleeding can affect women in a number of ways:
- Many feel tired and nauseated
- Many experience bad cramps
- Many have headaches
- More than 60% have had to miss social or athletic events1
- About 80% report avoiding sex1
- 33% have been forced to miss work2
- 77% have depression or moodiness1
- 75% feel anxious2
- 57% report a lack of confidence during their period1
Heavy periods are not something with which you have to live. Today, there are a number of effective treatment options available.
- National Women’s Health Resource Center. Survey of women who experience heavy menstrual bleeding. Data on file; 2005.
- Cooper J, et al. A randomized, multicenter trial of safety and efficacy of the NovaSure system in the treatment of menorrhagia. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc. 2002; 9:418-428.